In this episode, we present a number of digital theatre projects. In dialogue with theatremakers from the Czech Republic, Hungary, Portugal and the USA, we unpacked a theatrical sub-genre that has expanded tremendously in the current climate, considering the possibilities it offers, the creation process for online projects and strategies for holding an online audience’s attention. Our discussion also dealt with the differences between traditional theatre techniques and digital theatre and the issue of their relationships in the future evolution of theatre.
- Tereza Dobiasova / CZ - author, curator, director and cultural manager, author of an interactive online performance „Free Like Birds“
- Patrícia Paixão / PT - producer, creator and actress, and a member of Teatro Estúdio Fontenova, member of the staging team of online production of Karel Čapek’s play „The White Plague“
- Attila Balogh / HU, actor, writer and theatre director, author of online project „Y“
- Thaddeus Phillips / USA, theatre director, author of an interactive project “ZOO MOTEL”
- Ádám Fónai / HU, Károli Gáspár University in Budapest
- Szabó Attila / HU, Hungarian Theatre Museum and Institute, Károli Gáspár University in Budapest
This episode is written by Ádám Fónai / HU, Károli Gáspár University in Budapest and read by Daniel Zappi and Sinead Phelps.